SPS-1000 Signal Processing System
Network operators who need a way to provide cost-effective voice and modem data bridging are keenly aware that many vendors no longer market or support digital signal processing equipment. Sycamore understands – and meets – the requirements of this important networking niche, with the flexible, reliable SPS-1000 signal processing system.
The compact SPS-1000 chassis serves as a building block for a variety of digital signal processing applications. When used with DNX-11/88 Cross-Connects, the combined solution delivers up to 496 protected channels (DS0s) or 992 unprotected channels of conferencing/bridging capacity. The integrated SPS/DNX solution is highly fault-tolerant and ensures carrier-class network availability.
- Support modem data bridging/voice conferencing applications no longer adequately supported by alternative solutions due to cost or legacy product obsolescence issues
- Minimize upfront capital expenditures and conserve rack space – without sacrificing application flexibility or system robustness
- Ensure investment protection via downloadable system software that makes it easy to add new functions and deliver new services
- Maximize system flexibility and scalability with a space-efficient horizontal chassis design housing application modules and power, cooling, and monitoring resources
- Modem data bridging/polling used in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and telemetry networks found in oil, gas, electric, and water utility industries and railway transportation systems
- Specialized voice conferencing functions used by brokerage firms and commodities traders; oil, gas, electric, and water utilities; government agencies; news and weather bureaus; mobile service providers, and many other industries
- Hoot 'n' Holler specialized audio conferencing networks
- Automatic and Manual Ring Down circuits (ARD/MRD) for instantaneous, multi-party communications
- Call/Answer Supervision for secure, Meet-Me style dial-in conferencing
- Octal T1/E1-DSP41 Module Set for telephony functions provides up to 240 DS0s per module of multi-party conferencing software for modem data bridging and voice conferencing applications (e.g., summing and distribution, multi-way bridge, and multi-way bridge with output isolation)
- System-level protection when deployed with DNX-11 or DNX-88 cross-connects, chassis redundancy features include dual load sharing and hot-swappable power supplies