SN 16000 Intelligent Optical Switch
Empower cost-effective technology evolution with a high-capacity optical core switch that improves bandwidth utilization by grooming and routing traffic more efficiently, and simplifies operations by automating network functions. The SN 16000 demonstrates the value of intelligent bandwidth management every day in some of the world’s largest, most innovative networks.
For core switching applications to accommodate high-bandwidth traffic, Sycamore’s flagship platform is in a class by itself. The SN 16000 delivers unmatched port density and switch fabric capacity – up to 2.5 Tbps (1,024 OC-48/STM-16) – in 3 bays. Exceptional efficiency and in-service scalability accelerate provisioning and allow just-in-time network expansion.
- Maximize service flexibility and operational efficiency with high-density, multiservice aggregation and end-to-end manageability
- Reduce operational costs and complexity by automating network functions – selectively, at your own pace
- Ensure service reliability and communications integrity with optical mesh resiliency and a rich set of security features
- Create a robust, highly scalable foundation for a next-generation infrastructure and dynamic bandwidth services
- In-service scalability from 320 Gbps to an industry-leading 2.5 Tbps ensures long term competitive differentiation and investment protection
- Pay-as-you-grow modularity supports a mix of GigE, 10 GigE, SONET/SDH, and OTN/G.709 interfaces and user-selectable pluggable optics – from a single Universal Service Card
- Distributed intelligence and intelligent Ethernet transport increase provisioning flexibility, improve network resiliency, and allow the most efficient use of network resources
- Intelligent bandwidth management – common control plane software embedded across Sycamore switching platforms and unified under a single management view – enables instant provisioning, routing, protection, restoration and management of end-to-end connections