DNX Multiservice Cross-Connect
The DNX Cross-Connect combines the power of traditional cross-connects with intelligent bandwidth management – in one compact, scalable system. Proven to reduce costs and simplify multiservice provisioning in digital transmission networks, the DNX is widely deployed in mission-critical infrastructure environments by utilities, government agencies, large financial institutions, and telecom service providers.
The DNX digital cross-connect reliably grooms, aggregates, and transports diverse traffic types, populated with any mix of DNX Module Sets supporting narrowband, wideband, and broadband services and integrated circuit/packet processing. Integrated test access and embedded diagnostics, combined with the protection options and troubleshooting capabilities of ENvision Plus NMS, ensure high network availability.
- Reduce total cost of ownership with an economical DCS/DACS platform that minimizes up-front and recurring costs and provides significant space and power savings
- Enhance the efficiency and useful life of core resources – conserve ports on costly voice and data service delivery platforms by concentrating traffic associated with these platforms
- Facilitate network transition from copper to optical and from circuit-switched to packet-based technologies – and signaling network migration from SS7 to Sigtran
- Replace legacy or discontinued DCS/DACS to eliminate operational risks and ensure the highest level of reliability, performance, and system support
- Highly scalable, right-sized platforms include the DNX-11, the fundamental building block of the series, the DNX-88 mid-range system, and the S-DNX High Capacity Cross-Connect
- Carrier-class redundancy at all levels of operation, including redundant circuit protection and additional alarm features when deployed with ENvision Plus and the PSX-5300 Protection Switch
- ENvision Plus NMS for DNX networks adds value through enhanced end-to-end provisioning, manageability, and protection, helping to ensure compliance with strict service level agreements
- Single-chassis circuit/packet support via the optional Circuit/Packet eXchange (CPX) module set enables a seamless transition from TDM to IP technology